The PLA Tech filament from Rosa3D is a combination of all the printing advantages of PLA and the durability of ABS.
PLA Tech is made of a biodegradable biopolymer, which is characterised by high resistance to UV radiation, impact strength and matte alabastrine surface (in the natural light it gives the impression of a ‘white stone’ or ‘bone’).
Printing using PLA Tech instead of ABS ensures negligible moulding shrinkage and lack of unpleasant pungent smells, which is characteristic of ABS.
PLA Tech reaches its thermal resistance of up to 85°C after additional heat processing.
The filament is manufactured exclusively from food-grade elements.
Recommended print temperature: 210- 240 °C.
Recommended temperature of the table: 60-80 °C
Heating temperature: 90°C for 4h
PHYSICAL PARAMETERS OF PLA TECH
- Diameter (mm): 1,75 mm
- Tolerances in diameter (mm): +/- 0,05 mm
- Oval tolerances (mm): +/- 0,02 mm
- Net weight (g): 800 g (vacuum-packed with a moisture absorber)
- Density: 1,24 g/cm3
- Odor: odorless
- Charpy impact strength :
Without notch – 14 kJ/m2 (ISO 179-1eU)
With notch – 3,5 kJ/m2 (ISO 179-1eA)
- Tensile elongation (speed 5 mm/min, to break): 2,9% (ISO 527)
- Tensile strength (speed 5 mm/min, to break): 30 MPa (ISO 527)
- Tensile modulus (speed 1 mm/min): 2750 MPa (ISO 527)
- Vicat softening temperature (after heat processing): 85°C (ISO 306)
TECHNICAL PARAMETERS OF PLA TECH
- Print temperature (°C): 210-240°C
- Table temperature (°C): 60-80°C