BioWOOD by Rosa3D is an easy to print FILAMENT recommended for both professionals and beginners. The material displays very minor moulding shrinkage in printing, and can be printed in an open device.
BioWOOD has a food grade certificate and smells like natural wood.
BioWOOD is manufactured from a biopolymer consisting of 100% natural and 100% renewable resources. They decompose in a natural oxygen-free environment (compost) and in water (contrary to PLA, which decomposes in strictly specified conditions).
The BioWOOD FILAMENT has a wide scope of applications ranging from decorating elements (plates, bowls, mugs, and cutlery) to applications in manufacturing musical instruments, toys, and furniture.
BioWOOD printouts can be subjected to mechanical treatment (such as sanding, lathe work, drilling, etc.) as well as painting and lacquering, like wooden elements.
The recommended size of the printing nozzles is at least 0.5mm because of the content of wood particles.
Recommended print temperature: 190 – 210°C
Recommended temperature of the table: 40-50°C. For non-heated tables, it is recommended to use an adhesive agent.
PHYSICAL PARAMETERS OF BioWOOD
- Diameter (mm): 1,75 mm
- Tolerances in diameter (mm):+/- 0,05 mm
- Oval tolerances (mm):+/- 0,02 mm
- Net weight (g): 500 g (vacuum-packed with a moisture absorber)
- Density: 1,26 g/cm3
- Odor: wood
- Charpy impact strength :
With notch – 3 kJ/m2 (ISO 179-1eA)
Without notch – 15 kJ/m2 (ISO 179-1eU)
- Tensile elongation (speed 5 mm/min, to break): 3% (ISO 527)
- Tensile strength (speed 5 mm/min, to break): 34 MPa (ISO 527)
- Tensile modulus (speed 1 mm/min): 3200 MPa (ISO 527)
- Vicat softening temperature: 50ᵒC
TECHNICAL PARAMETERS OF BioWOOD
- Print temperature (°C): 190-210°C
- Table temperature (°C): Does not require a heated table (40-50°C if the printer have heated)